Top Food Blogs in Manila



I didn't just wake up one day and thought I want to blog about food. As some may know, I've been blogging since 2002, on random topics ranging from a thought, to daily commute, food reviews, and travel. Now that I'm working and living off my paycheck, I am in constant search for new restaurants and food to try. I have started admiring food blogs, be it witty and sarcastic, or to the informative-first-to-blog-about-it ones. Here are my top picks:


Anton Diaz

1. Our Awesome Planet | www.ourawesomeplanet.com

Anton Diaz probably has the vastest collection of food and restaurant reviews. Newly-opened resto? He probably has written something about it was invited to the opening. It's amazing that he quit his job and did this full time. Could I probably do that in the future? *think*think* This former CIO is probably living my dream.



2. The Fat Kid Inside | www.thefatkidinside.com

After brushing off Erwan Heussaf as some foreign kid, I got glued to his writings when I came across his looloo review for Celadon. His blog, on the other hand, was inspiring to read, especially posts about his weight struggles, how he became healthier by choosing food wisely, and that it's not a crime to have cheat days. My favorite post of his is about the Life Diet. Unsurprisingly, Rustan's Supermarket has partnered with him and has that badge on healthy food items he recommends.



3. Pepper | www.pepper.ph

Aptly describing themselves as a "Silly food blog about recipes and restaurants in the Philippines," Pepper is witty, coy and sarcastic all rolled into one. Entertaining and amusing thoughts, recipes, and attempts. This team does not think outside the box, they burn the box. The posts are titled in such a way for you to kinda get it, and either make your eyebrows raise, or meet.  I am envious of the food photography going on here.


4. Table for Three, Please | www.tableforthreeplease.com

With an appreciation for the finer things in food, Table for Three, Please is one of my constant go-to sites if I'm feeling adventurous and want to try something new. We probably inhabit different areas, as most of the time, the restaurants they review are places I haven't heard of nor seen--that being the best thing about this blog.

5. Dessert Comes First | www.dessertcomesfirst.com

Despite the fact that I have seemingly outgrown my affection for sweets, DCF (as the author abbreviates) is an interesting blog. She writes with that sense of warmth that you get from an adequately lit cafe filled with coffee aroma. Moreover, her attitude is also a come on.

Someday I wish to be like them. (With funding to redesign, too!)

0 comments:

Copyright © 2012 I Work. Eat. Repeat. .